Effortless Slow Cooker Roast Beef
Anything that is easy and ‘cooks itself’. I’m all for it. There’s no denying my slow cooker gets used almost every single day. Yep! I have one that comes with 3 pot sizes so it’s super handy because I can cook 3 days in a row and rotate the pots. But that’s another story for another day.
What You Need
- 2lb – 3lb rump roast or chuck roast (or any cut you prefer)
- 1 pack ranch dressing (dry)
- 1/2 pack Aus Jus seasoning
- 1 stick butter
- A sprinkle of red peppers
- Put the roast in the slow cooker
- Sprinkle the entire pack of ranch dressing over the roast, covering it completely
- Sprinkle the Aus Jus seasoning the same way. You could also mix the two first before doing this but I’ve never found any problems doing it this way.
- Sprinkle red peppers on top
- Lay the stick of butter over it. You could also slice the butter up but it’ll melt naturally, covering the roast on its own
- Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours
Prepare for the house to smell awesome and dig in dinner time!