Boneless Skinless Chicken breast halves (about 1/2 lb. each)
2 1/2 cups cornflakes
1 teaspoon dried thyme
3/4 teaspoon paprika
About 1/2 teaspoon salt
About 1/4 teaspoon pepper
2 large eggs
1. Rinse chicken and pat the pieces dry.
2. Place cornflakes in a plastic food bag and crush gently with your hands to make coarse crumbs.
3. Add thyme, paprika, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper to bag; shake to mix.
4. In a shallow bowl, beat eggs with a fork.
5. Coat chicken pieces with eggs, drain briefly, then put in bag with crumb mixture, 1 piece at a time. Turn bag to coat chicken well.
6. Arrange chicken pieces slightly apart in a 13 by 9-inch nonstick pan. Lightly mist chicken with cooking oil spray.
7. Bake chicken in a 425° oven until meat is no longer pink in thickest part (cut to test), about 25 minutes for breasts, about 30 minutes for legs.
8. Add salt and pepper to taste.
Yield: Makes 4 servings
Copyright © The Recipe Finder, All Rights Reserved