6 teaspoons unsalted butter
1 onion, very finely chopped
2 teaspoons all-purpose flour
2/3 cup sour cream
2 cups grated Gruyère
2 cups grated Cheddar
2 Tablespoons chopped, fresh chives
freshly ground black pepper
Serve with: small cooked sausages, cooked fingerling potatoes, use your imagination.
1. Melt the butter over low heat in a saucepan or fondue pot. Add onion and cook slowly until softened – about 5 minutes.
2. Stir in the flour; then stir in the sour cream and cook for about 2 minut
3. Add the cheeses and cook, stirring, until the mixture is smooth.
4. Add the chives and season with the pepper.
5. Pour the fondue into a fondue pot and place over the lit burner.
Copyright © The Recipe Finder, All Rights Reserved