This was so quick and easily to make. It’s going to be part of my standby week day recipe.
What You Need
- 1 cup flour
- 3/4 cup corn meal
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp cream of tartar
- 2 tbsp sugar
- Pinch of salt
- 1 egg
- 1 cup sour cream (I used light)
- 2 tbsp milk
- 2 tbsp melted butter
- 8×8 baking greased pan
- Evenly mix the dry ingredients (first 6 ingredients) together.
- Add egg, sour cream, milk and melted butter.
- Mix evenly. This will become a thick dough-like mixture.
- Pour into a 8×8 greased pan.
- Bake at 350F for about 25 minutes.
While I haven’t made it with these yet, I figured it would be yummy to stir in some corn kernels, jalapeno and/or cheese. I think it might also be a good idea to increase the milk gradually if I do so it doesn’t become too dry.
I was just sitting here thinking. To make this even faster to throw together. It might be a good idea to simply make up packets of the dry ingredients and store them in bags. Then all you need to do is add egg, sour cream and melted butter.