CHRISTMAS: December 25th. Every year right after Thanksgiving the chaos begins. There are sales, parties, gift lists, traditions, Santa Clause…the list goes on. Of course the original purpose for this special day was not intended for all that it has become. It was really quite simple. It was to celebrate the birth of a Savior. His name was Jesus, and He came to save the whole world. It is really a holiday of pure, unblemished, sacrificial love. He was born to die for a lost world. It was primarily celebrated by Christians.Today, people all over the world celebrate it for the simple fact that it’s Christmas. It is a wonderful holiday that goes far beyond religious beliefs. Below we included two tasty recipes to make at your Christmas party…Honey Glazed Ham and Cranberry & Pear Sparkle.
Honey Glazed Ham
* 5 pounds ready-to-eat ham
* 1/4 cup whole cloves
* 1/4 cup dark corn syrup
* 2 cups honey
* 2/3 cup butter
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C).
2. Score ham, and stud with the whole cloves. Place ham in foil lined pan.
3. In the top half of a double boiler, heat the corn syrup, honey and butter. Keep glaze warm while baking ham.
4. Brush glaze over ham, and bake for 1 hour and 15 minutes in the preheated oven. Baste ham every 10 to 15 minutes with the honey glaze. During the last 4 to 5 minutes of baking, turn on broiler to caramelize the glaze. Remove from oven, and let sit a few minutes before serving.
Cranberry and Pear Sparkle
6tbsp/90ml pear concentrate
1¾pt/1L sparkling water
1¾pt/1L cranberry juice
1 medium pear, cut into ½in/1cm pieces
sprigs of fresh mint
1.Mix the pear concentrate with the sparkling water.
2.Add the cranberry juice and chill well.
3.Just before serving, add the chopped pear, and garnish with fresh mint leaves.
Copyright © The Recipe Finder, All Rights Reserved